Thursday, May 7, 2015

We have. We are. We will.


When I became a student at Baptist Bible College 8 years ago, I didn’t have a passion for missions.  To be honest, I really couldn’t tell you what missions was, but God changed that.  Over time he gave me a heart for a people I didn’t know and He asked me to follow Him to that place.  It was at BBC that He cultivated these thoughts and put people in my life to direct me towards His plan.  

A year ago today, Brennan and I stood on stage at BBC and were recognized as missionaries to Belgium.  We accepted the call He had for us and decided to follow Him.  When I was a freshman I heard a speaker in chapel say, “God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.”  This didn’t really soak in until I realized how true it was in my life.  I didn’t grow up in a church that taught missions.  Before I attended BBC I had never even met a missionary.  If it was based on my qualifications alone, I would be so unfit for this.  But it never ceases to amaze me how God takes normal people with a willing heart and molds them in to the people He needs to advance His kingdom.     

This week we had the opportunity to participate in Fellowship Week at BBC.  Being at BBC always brings back so many memories.  Memories of friendships built, of knowledge gained, of an uncertain future.  BBC went through some rough days during my time there.  I didn’t know what the future would hold for the college when I graduated 2 years ago, but they’re headed in such a great direction now.  It was so nice to see the new branding and the energy on campus, and I’m so excited to see how they will continue to move forward in the coming years.  God is still molding lives at Baptist Bible College and I’m confident that He’s not finished using them yet! 



The theme for 2015 was “We have. We are. We will.”  Regardless of the changes that happen on BBC’s campus, in BBFI churches, or in our lives, we still have the same call - to share the Gospel of Jesus with the whole world.  I’m thankful for a fellowship and body of believers that are committed to this call above anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment